GRAND RAPIDS, September 30, 2020 – Associated Builders and Contractors Western Michigan Chapter (ABC/WMC) today announced the winners of the 2020 Annual Excellence in Construction Awards, held last night at the Getty Drive-In Movie Theater. The annual event highlights West Michigan’s most innovative and high-quality construction projects, safety efforts and tradespeople.
The Excellence in Construction Awards are highly sought after year-over-year and highlight both individuals and companies in various categories from safety to general construction.
“We have always understood that construction workers are essential,” said Norm Brady, President and CEO of ABC/WMC. “COVID-19 has highlighted the fact that the industry is filled with men and women who step up and help each other and their communities in time of need. We salute the craft professionals who get up every day and make it happen – safely.
Winners were chosen from 25 categories. Pioneer won awards in the following categories:
- Structural Steel: Pioneer Construction for GVSU Daniel and Pamella Devos Center for Interprofessional Health
- New Construction Less Than $1M: Pioneer Construction for The Listening Room
- New Construction $1-5M: Pioneer Construction for Black River Barn
- New Construction more than $20M: Pioneer Construction for Embassy Suites
- Renovation/Addition $1-5M: Pioneer Construction for Amway Hotel Corporation IDC