WMU Brown Hall
WMU Brown Hall was originally constructed in the late 1950’s. This masonry clad building was just another building on campus until August 2006 when Pioneer Construction was awarded the task of renovating this dated structure to the design of TMP Architects and Western Michigan University. The existing 3-story steel and cast concrete building was completely rehabilitated with new classrooms, audio-visual labs, lecture halls, new roofing and new storefront. In addition, a multi-media center, two large lecture halls and a large mechanical support space was added. The new metal panels and curtainwall accents the brick cladding of yesteryear. Other notables on this project are the intense landscape features on the very small site and the use of sustainable construction products throughout.