Construction Management (CM) is a professional service delivery method that applies management techniques to the planning, design, and construction of a project from inception to completion for the purpose of controlling time, cost, and quality. Pioneer Construction’s approach to CM is one of transparency, communication, and accountability. We provide CM solutions throughout the continental United States.
The Pioneer Approach to CM provides our clients with a 'best of both worlds' delivery method...incorporating the advantages of professional CM delivery with the horsepower and know-how of a General Contractor. We take complete responsibility of trade contractors, minimizing the risk for our clients. We also assemble experienced estimating teams that incorporate the market knowledge from the competitive bidding environment and work with our Superintendents and Project Managers to translate construction documents into clear and comprehensive bid scopes and work descriptions. This minimizes scope creep and gaps between trade contractors, resulting in lower bids and more accurate budgeting.
Benefits to the owner of the CM approach include builder input early in the design process resulting in cost and schedule savings while maintaining the highest level of quality, owner selection of the Project Manager and Superintendent, and owner involvement in sub-contractor prequalification and selection. CM is typically the best method for projects that involve phased construction, those involving building within occupied environments, projects targeting LEED Certification or incorporating sustainable building principles, and highly complex projects.
When utilizing the CM delivery method, we recommend:
- Engaging your CM early to get the maximum benefit during pre-construction planning
- Selecting on best-value, not low price…the right CM can save you far more than their fee!
- Utilizing the ‘At-Risk’ Method, protecting the owner with a Guaranteed Maximum Price
- Utilizing a CM offering self-performance ability ensuring budgeting accuracy and schedule insurance
The scope of CM services should be tailored to your specific needs and goals. The Construction Management fee is can be negotiated as a flat fee or percentage of contract and can vary depending on the scope and project requirements. The Construction Management Team of Pioneer Construction offers services including:
- Comprehensive Pre-Construction Services
- Contract Administration, Management, AIA Billing, & Transparent Reporting
- Safety Accountability Program, Security Measures, Construction Perimeters
- Schedule/Logistics/Sequencing Plan Implementation
- Coordination with Community/Neighbors/Tenants/Employees/etc.
- On-Site Supervision
- Expediting of Material Fabrication & Deliveries
- LEED Compliance/Validation/Submittal/Audit Coordination
- Online Document Management
- Design-to-Field Coordination
- Subcontractor Management
- Implementation of Quality Assurance/Quality Control Plan
- Implementation of Indoor Air Quality & Disruption Prevention Measures
- Dust & Debris Control Measures
- Progress Meetings
- Bulletin Preparation, Change Order, and RFI Management
- Preparation & Submittal of Close-Out Documentation and Owner’s Manuals
- Scheduling of Owner Training & Maintenance Plan Development
- Management & Scheduling of Owner-Contracted Suppliers (Furniture/IT/Artwork/Etc.)
- Punch-List Completion & Final Inspection Reports
For additional information about our Construction Management services or a customized proposal, please contact us today at 616.247.6966 or via e-mail.